Thank you for taking an interest in the Trinity Audio WordPress plugin. In this manual, we’ll walk you through how to install and use the plugin on your site. Before installing, please make sure that your site meets the minimal requirements for the plugin. If any questions arise, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure to help out.
Don’t feel like reading or listening? Mathew, our default voice will walk you through all you need to know in this video.
First, log into your WordPress dashboard and click on “Plugin”:
Click “Add New” next to the “Plugins” headline:
Search for “Trinity Audio” in the search console in the top right:
You will now see the Trinity Audio plugin below.
Please make sure that the plugin is compatible with your version of WordPress (marked in green).
Press the “Install” button – marked in red:
And the button would change to “Activate”:
Press on it and wait for a success feedback from WordPress. After the plugin is installed successfully, you will see the Trinity Audio menu on the management dashboard on the left side:
As you can see, there is a status bar notification on the top “Your Trinity Audio Player is not active yet! Please review the settings and click Save Changes at the bottom of the page to activate it”. The reason for this is that you have yet to configure your settings and update your posts. Once integration is complete, this message will disappear and a confirmation notification “settings saved” will appear.
This notification indicated that the installation was successful. Congratulations!
Now let’s go over the different setup options in the Trinity Audio management tab. As you can see, it is divided into 4 sections:
- General configuration
- Player Settings
- Textual configurations
- Activate for all posts
Let go over each in details:
- Source language: here you can indicate the default language your posts are written in. In the case that you have multiple languages on your site, don’t worry as you can choose the source language for each separate post as well.
- Default Gender: choose the default gender voice for the content. If you would like to choose a different gender per post, you’ll be able to easily do so from the post menu.
- New post default: specifies whether the player is automatically enabled for all new posts. Choose this option if you want Trinity Audio to add an audio player for each new post you publish.
- Player position: The position of the audio player on your page. We recommend placing the player before post, meaning before the main article text.
- Player label: Specifies optional text you’d like to be shown above the audio player (HTML tags are supported with this label). For example, here we chose “Check out our new audio content!”:
- Display Powered by TrinityAudio: select this option if you would like to be a friend and give us credit. This will also help your colleagues (aka other content creators) reach out to us easily once they see the player on your site, get excited and want to add it to their site too. Now is a good time to remind you that we are providing the plugin for free 🙂 (cough).
- Resource preconnect: this feature will allow us to load the player faster on your page so we strongly advise enabling it.
- Add post title to audio: If enabled, each audio file will start by reading the post title. If not, the player will start reading from the main text.
- Add post excerpt to audio: If enabled, each audio file will read an excerpt from the post at the beginning of the audio (after the title, if chosen). Please check this option only if you know what is actually written in the excerpt as it is usually not part of the viewable content to the publisher.
- Skip tags: Use this if you are using tags in your content and you would like the player to avoid reading those tags.
- Allow shortcodes: By default, the Trinity Audio player will read only the textual content of your post and will filter out all additional texts generated using plugins or shortcodes. If you would like to add shortcodes that you would like the player to read, please add them using comma delimiter. For example: gallery, myshortcode. After you change those settings, make sure to use “Activate for all posts” to allow those configurations to update.
Activate for all posts:
- Activate for all posts: Bulk activation of the player on all posts. Make sure to check this checkbox if you would like to activate the player across all of your content. Please bear in mind that some of the processes happen on the backend and it might take some time for the player to appear on all pages (depending on the number of posts you have published). If you return to the settings page, you will get feedback on the process:
Recommended setup process
Now that you understand all the options in the menu, here are the recommended steps for configuring the plugin:
- Choose the default source language.
- Make sure the checkbox next to “Display Powered by TrinityAudio” is checked.
- Choose “Before post” in the “player position” section.
- Choose “Trinity Audio enabled” on the “New post default” section.
- Check the “Add post title to audio” title option.
- Verify the “Activate for all posts” is checked.
- Click “Save Changes”.
- Wait for all posts to be updated.
You might have noticed that there are a few additional sub-menus:
- Logs: allow you to track and debug the different actions you’ve done using the plugin.
As you can see, all the different actions done by the author of this manual are logged and enable better debugging. In addition, as you can see at the top right corner, you have the option to send the logs to us so we’ll be able to help solve issues faster.
- Contact us: in case you want to reach out and let us know how much you like the plugin, or send us a log with bugs, you can use the “contact us” feature:
As you can see, you need to fill out the following details:
- Email: so we’ll know how to reach you back
- Name: so we’ll know who you are
- Message: what exactly do you like in the plugin or what’s not working as expected
- An Include logs checkbox: please check it if you’re having issues you would like us to help you solve as it will help us understand the issue better
Individual post configuration:
Once you’ve finished the setup of the Trinity Audio plugin on your website, let’s see what kind of settings you can configure per post.
Click on posts:
Choose a post you would like to edit or add the player to:
scroll to the bottom of the page.
You will see the Trinity Audio menu:
In this menu you can choose the following:
- Enable Text-To-Speech (Trinity audio): make sure this is checked if you want the player to appear on this post.
- Gender: here you will see the default gender reading the text based on your choosing. If you want to change it per this specific post, this is the place to do so.
- Language: choose the source language of the post. By default, you will see the language chosen in the general plugin settings.
Once you’ve made sure the “Enable Text-To-Speech (Trinity audio)” is checked, click “update” post and the player will appear on the post. Click preview to see it in the position chosen in the general settings.
This section is for debugging purposes. In case you run into a problem, make sure all tokens are generated. If you reach out to our support, we might ask you to provide this information or to click on “Regenerate token”.
Summing things up
In case you have any further questions, please visit our FAQ page in WordPress and on our website. In addition, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly via email@example.com, we would be happy to hear from you (pun intended).
Happy listening from all of us at Trinity Audio